Having fun in the sun with Del Sol’s color-changing clothing, hair accessories, nail polish, sunglasses, jewelry and toys is what makes Del Sol one of the most unique retail brands under the sun. Seeing the products change from one color without sun to a completely different color with sun is what makes Del Sol so magical for people all over the world. Showing friends and family how Del Sol products work always conjures smiles and wows. Del Sol guarantees it.
We love Del Sol for a lot of reasons; and for those who want even more to love, here’s a list of interesting facts and highlights that make Del Sol the brightest spot on the map:
Del Sol Overview
- Founded in 1994
- #1 apparel retailer in the Caribbean
- #1 apparel brand throughout cruise industry
- Del Sol’s products comprise 95% of worldwide color-change market
- 900+ employees in more than 20 countries
- More than 20,000 SKUs of color-changing product
- First company in the world to successfully develop and apply color-changing ink to a T-shirt
- All Del Sol products feature a unique 100% WOW Lifetime Guarantee
Del Sol’s Proprietary Spectrachrome® Photochromic Technology and Dyes
- Spectrachrome® is the name of Del Sol’s proprietary color-changing technology.
- While in their inactive state, Spectrachrome® crystals are invisible to the unaided human eye.
- When crystals are exposed to ultraviolet light (sunlight), they reveal their inherent color.
- Similar to a flower blooming once exposed to UV rays, the molecules twist and unfold, resulting in the molecule expanding to several times its dormant size.
- The color-changing molecules shift into a range in the electromagnetic spectrum that’s visible to the human eye. This activity is referred to as the molecular excitation transition.
- Fastest, brightest and most vibrant color-change on the planet.
- Del Sol’s proprietary blends of its purest photochromic dyes are produced and distributed directly from its Spectrachrome® laboratories in Sandy, Utah.
- Del Sol’s proprietary colorant formulas are impossible to duplicate.
- More than 300,000 dye/ink variations have been tested to date.
- Competitors are limited to a few colors only and very little color vibrancy.
- Del Sol dyes are produced to the highest possible clarity and quality.
- Del Sol maintains a state-of-the-art facility, dedicated to continual testing and refinement of its technology, offering the most versatility of any photochromic technology in the world.
- Del Sol’s color-changing print processes are unique above any other in the screen-printing industry – some shirts require up to 11 separate prints.
Del Sol Nail Lacquer
- Del Sol has developed 300+ exciting shades of nail lacquer
- Average lineup of 30 color-changing lacquers
- Most vibrant colors on the marketplace
- Del Sol lacquer formulas cannot be exactly duplicated
- 100% free of toluene, formaldehyde and dibutyl phthalate (DBP)
- Made in the USA
- No animal testing
What else do you absolutely love about Del Sol?