Review on Del Sol nail polish
So as you can tell, I’ve been going polish crazy! Once again, I was browsing different polish brands online when I came across this brand, Del Sol. Not only do they have color-changing polish, but they also have color-changing clothes, T-shirts and accessories!
Del Sol color-changing polishes ($10)#delsol #polish #colorchanging: From 25 colors to choose from, you pretty much have your pick from the crop! It’s pretty obvious that the nail polish changes color, but only does so when you’re out in the sun. I tested out the polishes with hot water to see if it would have the same effect but I didn’t see anything. The cool thing about the website is that each polish shows you what color it changes to when you’re out in the sun, so you don’t have to wait and see what you’re going to get. None of the polishes are matte so if you’re not into glitter or even a slight sheen, these may not be for you but, nonetheless, they’re awesome polishes to add to your collection!
– Heartbreaker (red with silver and red glitter) has pretty good color payoff with the first coat, but it’s even more opaque with the second coat.
– Confetti (clear with holographic glitter) looks great on it’s own but even prettier when layered over a light pink polish.
– The lid also shows you the color that the polish changes to when you’re out in the sun.
– In addition to showing you the ‘sun color’, it also has the polish name right there, so it’s easy to find if you have it stored in a polish box.
– The polish changes color almost immediately when you go outside so you’re not left wondering when it’s going to happen.
– As you can see, after 4 days the polish starting fading as opposed to chipping. While this is not really a con, the actual wear was ok. But, then again, I did a lot of housework for those 4 days, and I didn’t use a base coat or a top coat. Just thought I’d mention it to those of you who may not have time to sit through all those layers of polish and just want to slap some color on really quickly. I’m sure the polish would last longer when a top coat is used.
All in all, I rate these polishes a 9 out of 10. I love how quickly the colors change and how cool they look under the sun. The glitter gives these polishes a little extra something, too. To me, these polishes are unique on their own, as I haven’t seen something like this around (I’m sure this isn’t the first time that color-changing polish has been out, but they are unique to my collection!) I definitely recommend these to anyone looking for a cool polish to wear before the cold season comes!
Del Sol products can be purchased online at www.delsol.com