With all the recent blockbuster Marvel Comics movies being released, Captain America is one character who’s made his way into the hearts and minds of millions of fans worldwide. What some of the newer, even seasoned, comic fans may not know is that there are plenty of lesser known, yet intriguing, facts about ‘the Captain’ to be discovered.
While Del Sol is big on enhancing the Marvel fans’ outdoor adventures under the sun with an assortment of color-changing Marvel T-shirts for adults and kids, they’re also inspired to give fans even more knowledge about these superheroes they revere so much. That being said, here are five interesting things about Captain America that you might not know:
1. Cap’s shield was originally more of a triangular shape, which is called a Heater Shield vs. his current round shield, known as a Parma Shield.
2. Captain America, known as “The First Avenger,” was actually not part of the original Avengers.
3. Because of this outstanding character, Captain America has been able to lift and use Thor’s hammer, Mjölnir, more than once.
4. In the ’70s, Captain America went by the alternate identity name, the Nomad. And in the late ’90s, after losing faith in the American government for a brief period, he was simply known as ‘The Captain’.
5. Captain America Comic No. 1 once sold for $343,000, making it one of the most valuable comics ever made.