Despite the rainy weather this month, Del Sol brought its own sunshine as a major sponsor at the annual Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Race for the Cure.
The 19th annual Race for the Cure was a HUGE success!
As the largest single charity-driven race and fundraiser in the state of Utah, it wouldn’t have been possible without the combined efforts of hundreds of sponsors, volunteers, donors, and race participants. Because of them, this Race for the Cure made a positive difference in thousands of people’s lives! Here’s how the numbers break down:
Del Sol was grateful and honored to have been able to donate more than $15,000 worth of its color-changing products to this year’s race. Products were used for fundraising needs, gifts, auction items, giveaways and prizes.
Komen Utah donates 75 percent of net funds raised at the event to vital local breast health services and dedicates the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures. Since 1997, Komen Utah has invested nearly $6 million in community breast health programs in the state and has helped contribute close to $2 million globally in research.
“The donated Del Sol color-changing flip-flops were a great product to share with Race for the Cure teams to use as incentives for fundraising,” said Pam Stein, Komen Utah Development Associate. “Some teams sold them for a $25 donation or rewarded team members with a free pair once they reached $50! They were a big hit!”
The Del Sol-donated items for their Kid’s Corner were a lot of fun, too. Even though it was raining, the headbands still turned pink and purple, bringing smiles to lots of runners’ kids faces.
“Thank you for your patience, enthusiasm, generosity and for being a part of the wettest Race the Utah affiliate can remember,” said Stein. “Everyone I spoke with had a great time and was appreciative of the goodies at your booths, in the volunteer areas, Survivor Café, Kid’s Corner, the finish line and of course, the services our grantees provide to the women of Utah. It has been a pleasure working with Del Sol over the last couple months! We look forward to a sunny partnership in 2016!”