Del Sol, and their teams from Hawaii to the Caribbean, love our oceans and beaches! They opened their first Del Sol store on the island of St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands surrounded by the Caribbean Sea, and the majority of their Del Sol stores since then have opened along lake and ocean coastlines.
They’re constantly striving to educate and inspire customers to have fun in the sun while taking care of our planet and oceans at the same time.
As part of their recent “Save the Reefs” initiative, they invited their customers worldwide to participate in a contest to submit their own artwork about what the oceans and coral reefs meant to them.
Out of hundreds of customer art submissions over the past month, Del Sol is excited to announce the winning “Save the Reefs” shirt design from this recent contest collaboration with the Coral Reef Alliance!
This new limited-edition design, which Del Sol has converted to vibrant color change, will be printed exclusively on Del Sol’s Eco-Shirts, and a portion of proceeds from this “Save the Reef” design will go directly to Del Sol’s Coral Reef Alliance partnership to help restore and protect our ocean’s vital reef systems.
In conjunction with this “Save the Reefs” shirt, Del Sol’s Eco-Shirts are designed to educate and inspire customers to have fun in the sun while taking care of our planet and oceans at the same time.
Del Sol Color-Changing Eco-Shirt Benefits:
- Made with recycled plastic bottles
- Fabric is noticeably softer and comfier to wear
- Because Eco-Shirts are made with recycled plastic, they have a longer
thread fiber, which makes them softer.
Del Sol is deeply committed to supporting the care and preservation of our oceans and planet, furthering their efforts to be a change for good!
All Del Sol hang tags are also now made from recycled materials, and their shipping bags and single-use plastics are being replaced by compostable bags and recyclable paper.
Additional Del Sol Changes Making Impacts:
- Change Up Your Landfill Waste with Del Sol Tote Bags: Millions of shopping bags are piling up in our global landfills every year. By customers using Del Sol’s reusable color-changing tote bags for future shopping, Del Sol helps cut down on millions of plastic bags in our landfills annually.
- Change Up Your Plastic Use with Del Sol’s Water Bottles: Every year more than 8 million tons of plastic bottles end up in the sea! By using Del Sol’s stainless steel, color-changing water bottles, customers can help keep over 88 million plastic bottles from littering our oceans and planet every year.
- Change Your Vision for the Future with Eco-Acetate-Framed Sunglasses: Biodegradable sunglass frames make for cleaner soils and oceans. When customers use Del Sol’s Eco-Acetate-Framed sunglasses, made from biodegradable cotton linters and wood pulp, they’re choosing a more sustainable material for the environment, reducing plastic waste from our soils and oceans.
Learn more about Del Sol’s efforts to be a change for good here.