Coming up with activities for large groups of people can be difficult — especially when it comes to your family. Here are some ideas on things that you can do that are fun for everyone:
- Rent a large beach house and have the whole family chip in.
- Meet at Grandma and Grandpa’s house for their 50th anniversary.
- Schedule an upcoming reunion around a wedding so everyone can share in the joy.
- Tour the old town cobblestone streets of Boston or majestic Ellis Island in New York City.
- If you’d like the kids to learn about the Lewis and Clark Expedition take them to The End of the Trail in Seaside, Oregon.
- The Smithsonian and other Washington, D.C. museums can also be an excellent educational family getaway.
- For a bit of world history, research Rome, Italy and wander among ancient monuments.
- If you’re low on funds, have a neighborhood campout over a summer weekend. Your own backyard is the perfect place to roast marshmallows and stargaze, or reserve a campsite at your local state park.
- Go camping in one of over 1000 National Parks in the United States. Get a yearly pass and you can enter any park in America.
- The Appalachian Trail spans 13 states and is ideal for camping and hiking for a fantastic family vacation.
- Disneyland and Disney World are perfect theme parks for any family.
- Sea World, Six Flags, and Knott’s Berry Farm are also family favorites. They are a relatively cheaper option depending on how many days you plan to visit.
- Check locally for state or county fairs that feature amusement rides, rodeos, and other activities.
- Disney Cruise Line is perfect for families. Some destinations offer a Kids Sail Free option. Remember to budget extra money for excursions off the ship.
- Norwegian Cruise Line, Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, and Carnival Cruise Line also have many onboard activities and fun for the whole family.
- If cruising is not an option, you could rent your own boat and hang out on the lake for the weekend.